We are passionate about the full spectrum of yoga. We live, teach and embrace the richness of a yogic lifestyle. We endeavour through our teaching to share our own experience of yoga as a transformative practise on and off the yoga mat. Our classes are inspired by our study of classical teachings of Hatha yoga in disciplines that include Iyengar, Ashtanga, Sivananda, Satyananda, Krishnamacharya and Dona Holleman's enlightened asana work. We teach group classes and private lessons, host courses, workshops and retreats, and organise Yoga Teacher Training programmes.
Yoga and its benefits.
- The word yoga encompasses so much. It is also incredibly simple and succinct. In a nutshell it means to Unite; body and mind; breath and movement; the individual Self with the Universal.
- The practice of asanas (postures), pranayama (breath work), relaxation, meditation & mindfulness practices have a direct effect on our physical, mental and emotional health and well-being. It is a complete and beautiful discipline.
- Yoga promotes flexibility, strength, balance, pose and resilience. Mentally it encourages positivity and mental clarity, it fosters mindfulness and stillness which enhance decision making.
- There are many yoga practices to cultivate a balanced mind, foster physical and mental resilience, feel fantastic, be mentally and physically fit and experience positive change in our lives and make a beneficial impact on others.
- There is something in yoga for everyone. There are no age limits. All you need is an open mind and a desire for positive change, then anything is possible.
- Yoga is about peace, stillness and unity, inwardly and out. Peace of mind and mental balance. Physical balance, pose and grace.
- Embodying these qualities enhances our perspective and experience of the external environment and the way we interact with it, promoting happier, healthier relationships.